Friday, February 17, 2006

Another thank you from an RN

Hi. I am an RN in the emergency department at Mercy Medical Center in
Nampa, Idaho. Recently, I have had the pleasure of giving out three of your
beautiful blankets. I just want to tell you how happy it makes me to be able
to offer these sick and frightened children such a special gift. These kids
come in so scared; many times without a coat or a blanket of their own.
Each time I give them a blanket their faces just light up! Today I gave one
to a 9 year old boy who was in a lot of pain and was very frightened because
of having to have an IV started and blood drawn. When he went to leave he
handed me the blanket back and said thanks. When I told him he got to keep
it he just couldn't believe it! His eyes teared up and he thanked me over
and over.

Thank you all so much for allowing me to be able to give this beautiful
gift.

I wish you all could see the joy you bring to these kids. I always make it
a point to show these kids the labels on the blankets and tell them all
about the special people who spend so much of their time and love making
them.

Again, Than you all. You are making a
difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home